My brother Rick left on his mission. My parents were really great and flew me down for the farewell and festivities. I am excited for him and my family. Its a first for us.

Danny got to come down for the weekend, but had to return to Chicago pretty quickly to get back to slaving away at work while I enjoyed some time in California. Of course he missed me sooo much, but he had some fun activities to preoccupy him:
1. Leo Burnett's anniversary party


(The name of the guy that started the agency was Leo Burnett. He invented all these little characters we blame childhood obesity on.)
2. Hanson came to the office to perform

Little 90's boy-band loving Annie would have peed her pants over a view like this.



I found this in a drawer at my house. I guess no one has the heart to throw away my/jon/rick/randy/briana's first cd even though it is not even playable anymore.
So anyways. I came back to Chicago. With a drugged out Twinkie on the plane. Which was kind of funny.
We are starting to do the same things. Does that mean we are transforming into locals??
But heres some new for you:

One of our favorite things to do Saturday mornings is go shopping at local farmers markets. Danny likes the cheese varieties. I appreciate farmer Jon and the multitudes of apple hybrids he names after himself.

We went to the planetarium. It was fun.

Views on the lawn outside the planetarium.

We went on a Saturday. I lost count after we saw 10 wedding parties taking pictures at this spot. (It was a really cool spot. My cell phone doesn't do it justice.) I loved it. I can't believe I haven't been to any weddings this summer!

Transformers 3 apparently takes place in Chicago. They filmed in front of Danny's office for a couple weeks. One evening as we went out to dinner, we had a little surprise show. Hello fake swat team, bossy director, and Shia Lebeouf. (I know I have no pictures of him to prove it, but we really did see him!)
And although this was neat, after successfully avoiding the first and second movie, there is still no chance I am seeing the third.
Also this month...



I awoke to myself saying "Danny. It's raining on my face." Because it really was raining on my face. I am discovering "historic," "trendy" Wrigleyville actually means "old," "young kids live here because they are poor" Wrigleyville. Someday I wont be sleeping on a mattress on the floor in 925 Dakin (or as we affectionately call it, 925 Stankin'). Lets just hope that next place isn't Timmy's bedroom.











No comments:
Post a Comment