
Now that I'm not pregnant and street-rat-crazy, I decided to reinstate the semi-annual Franbeck birthday extravaganza. I like surprises. So Danny had no idea what was happening allll day.
Breakfast
Sausage and Cheddar Cheese Strata

Kind of like a soufflé. I thought it was really good and I don't even like sausage, so I thought I'd share. It's a recipe from one of my favorite cookbooks received at my wedding, Bride and Groom First and Forever Cookbook.
Serves 8-10
1 1/2 pounds ground sausage
4 eggs beaten
2 1/2 cups half and half
1 teaspoon dried sage
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
6 potato bread or other soft white bread slices, crusts removed
2 cups (6 oz) grated extra-sharp cheddar cheese
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh chives, flat-leaf parsely, or green onion, both white and green parts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-by-13-by-2 inche baking dish.
Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Put sausage in the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until it is thoroughly browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer sausage to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
Whisk together the eggs, half and half, sage, kosher salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Layer the bread in the prepared baking dish and top with the sausage. Pour the egg mixture over the sausage and top with the cheese. Bake until the strata is set in the middle, about 30 minutes. Do not overcook. Let cool for 15-20 minutes. Garnish with the chives just before serving.
After, we dropped him off for a 90 min hot stone massage

Later, took him to buy a new suit-this one actually.

(Photo included for Belle to laugh at in 20 years.) Special thanks to Jon-maybe the most generous person I know-for hooking us up with a hefty discount.
I'm not a big meat eater, so to spoil Danny (who is a big meat eater) we went to the fancy churrascaria on the fist floor of our building.

Then we did cake a presents.

Maya Angelou's Caramel Cake. It was ok. Recipe Here.
Thank you to the Streadbecks, Grandma, and Mom for sending things- it really made Danny feel loved.
It was a great day to wrap up a great year. Here's to 27- I can't wait to see what's in store for Danny and our family this year.












No comments:
Post a Comment