http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae26/annestreadbeck/black-heart-01-1.jpg

Friday, September 16, 2011

Climbing that Ladder

"Why in the world did you go to Milwaukee on vacation, Anne?!" A gaggle of people keep asking me. "That's weird."

Well first of all, we are weird, so just get over it.

Secondly, once we move away from Chicago, when on earth are we going to return to these sizzling hot-spots of culture that are Illinois' surrounding states?! As far as traveling goes, I am Charlie and the Chocolate factory's Veruca Salt- I want the world, I want the whole world. I want to lock it all up in my pocket, its my bar of chocolate, give it to me now. Ok?! And it's only 2 hours away and was fun.

But thirdly, the real reason- Danny was approached by a recruiter from an agency in Milwaukee who sort of made him an offer we couldn't ignore. So we thought we'd check the place out. Once visited, however, it was pretty apparent that we would not be calling Milwaukee our new home. Especially since right after we returned, Danny got a promotion!

He was bumped from a "Junior Copywriter" to a "Mid-level Copywriter." Essentially the same job, but better pay and opportunities. He's worked some crazy hours and produced some great work- so I'd say he deserves it.

Here are a couple of those great things he's done that are coming out soon:

Right now Hallmark is showing some clips online from the commercials Danny shot in LA back in June during this trip:

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Click HERE to see some of them.

The series just went through the advertising world's nationally used rating system and they produced the highest ratings in card spots of all time. They will all be together in the full commercial on TV in November in time for the Holidays.

But, even more exciting to my little brothers- he has two Mayhem commercials coming out soon. They are both football related. One will come out during "Bowl Season"- whatever that is... and one is out next month! I don't think I'm allowed to say what they are about on here, but I will tantalize you by saying that there was drama with the networks because the one coming out in October is a little more racy than they are comfortable with.

Anyway- more importantly. Q: What does all this big news mean for ME? A: New apartment!

We are exchanging our charming little studio for a much needed, larger, one-bedroom!

Now:

Photobucket

End of October:

Photobucket

Yes, we are staying in the same building. We will be facing a different direction, and sadly, we are moving 33 floors down. :( I will miss being able to see firework shows every time there is a suburban celebration. I will miss playing with Danny the "guess how many cars are at Rock N' Roll McDonald's right now" game. I will miss feeling superior to everyone else as I get on the express elevator with all the rich people to the higher floors. But. Sigh. I will still be able to see the Chicago sign. I will now be able to wave to my neighbors the Nordstroms from my balcony each morning. And I will be able to entertain guests without my bed being in the middle of all the action.

Hoorah! It's exciting to watch us grow.

2 comments:

CHO said...

YAY! Congrats, Danny (& Anne, too)! Yah, Wisconsin (no offence) is really not as cool as Chicago, especially the Chicago you live in (we miss GP!). I'll keep an eye out for the new commercials. SO cool.

Katie and Cam said...

haha sorry I was one of the people asking why Milwaukee. and Congrats!!! That looks like a super swank 1 bedroom!