http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae26/annestreadbeck/black-heart-01-1.jpg

Monday, July 23, 2012

Speaking of Parties/Here I go Spilling all of my Secrets...


The last 2 years of my life in downtown Chicago have been a master class for me in style. I'm not saying I am excelling in said master class, but I am saying I no longer wear the Ugg boots paired with 10 year-old-faded-black-with-a-tiny-hole-in-the-thigh-leggings and a $10 baggy long sleeved shirt outfit I donned at my Chicago baby shower. (That was my nice outfit worn only for special occasions/twice a week.)

Sometimes I am exhausted by how fabulous my Chicago friends are. There's Lauren who can put together an outfit like nobody's business. Hannah, who gets notifications in her email 30 times a day that I have re-pinned everything she just put on Pinterest. Then Rachel- Will she notice if I buy those exact same shoes? (I bought those exact same shoes.) I can not keep buying those exact same shoes! People will notice!

Enter Alison, one of Danny's old buddies from BYU TV. I remembered Danny mentioning she had a blog and decided to check it out. Then I kind of got obsessed with it. The great thing about Alison is that because she lives in Provo, and (up until now) maybe no one reading this blog knew about her blog, I could copy exactly everything she did and appear to be a fashionista/perfect hostess/master chef/creative crafting genius. 

But, since I think its so cool that today she featured on her blog Belle's Fancy Pants Birthday Soiree that I based off of her ideas, I'm going to feature her right back! Go check it out, and get obsessed- TheAlisonShow.com!


No comments: