"Well what they really mean when they say that is 'Work Average-Drink Hard.'" Danny explained to me. "What I mean when I say it is 'This trip is great for us- I want to stay in the Grand Californian at Disneyland next month."
My girls only really get to see their dad on the weekends, so we try to make them count. So here's our Labor Day weekend of "playing hard" and driving down the coast.
Friday night after Danny got home from work, we loaded the girls in the car and drove to Monterey while they slept.
Saturday
Morning in Monterey
The girls loved the Sea Lions at the Pier. The real ones, and the stuffed ones we had to buy in exchange for the glass figurines they broke in the gift shop.

Danny and I enjoyed the free clam chowder samples handed out by every restaurant.

Belle's into pirates in a really big way

Pebble Beach

The Lone Cypress (symbol of Pebble Beach)

Big Sur


A beautiful place





Last stop of the day- Hearst Castle

Sunday
Drove by Nit Wit Ridge in Cambria
It's kind of a foil to Hearst Castle. And it's kind of creepy.
Pismo Beach
Solvang
Ended the day in Santa Barbara where we swam in the hotel pool and ate at the famous La Super-Rica.
Monday
Breakfast on the beach, Santa Barbara mission, State street, and McConnell's ice cream
Our last stop was Malibu for lunch and then we headed home.











1 comment:
Looks like the best trip. Conjured up a few memories for me ;)
Post a Comment