Hormones that make me take a picture of my belly and then cry because I look pale.
Hormones that make me take a cab to church because its too cold to take the train and walk.
Hormones that make me not want to skype with you.
Hormones that make me go to bed at 8pm every night.
Hormones that give me the worst brake-outs of my life (so much for that mythological pregnancy glow)
Hormones that make me miss my friends and family back home, but glad at the same time I don't have to worry about trying to be fun and beautiful.
I'm lucky I've got Danny. When I start crying because I feel bad my salary (or lack of) can't afford the $1,000 cast-iron cribs I adore, he bursts into this extremely loud, ridiculous laugh that makes me laugh through my tears at myself.
So yeah the holiday season, I spent it mostly hibernating. I apologized to Danny every day that we weren't back home, but he kept/keeps insisting that he had a great Christmas and New Year. Maybe because:
Even though we weren't home, my mom made sure it felt like Christmas

(Where most of Danny's wardrobe comes from)
We went to some festivals around the city
Christkindlemarket



brätwurst wiener schnitzel štrudel
French Market

not in pain I promise
and not pictured- Navy Pier's "Winter Wonderfest"
Twinkie figured out which present was his.

He would poke his face in it, tug at the tissue paper, and whine. Every day.

We don't like gingerbread. So we tried decorating sugar cookies. It was hard. True story: Danny looked down at the shirt he was wearing and wrote the same thing he saw on the sugar cookie man: "Bong-Billa."

We went out to eat, and made things to eat.



We saw some movies.
It was quiet. But when you're raised in a family that a trip to the movies involves a 15 passenger van and animated characters, and the nicest restaurant you'll ever visit is the Rainforest Cafe, "quiet" is priceless.
So yeah, that was my holiday. Quiet, difficult, relaxing, memorable, hormonal. And that's all I have to say about that.
Happy 2011. May the New Year bring you comfort and me a little bundle of joy. Actually.... I'll have the comfort too thanks.











No comments:
Post a Comment