
My bomb.com neighbor, Maria, threw me a baby shower. Maria is superbomb.com because she wanted to throw me this shower even though she just had a baby in January! (my baby's future bff.) So, I made sure VTs Janae and Jessica helped her out.
It was great. I wish I took more pictures. It was on the 9th floor of my building in the "Garden Atrium" (basically a big common room with a couple of potted plants). There were treats, games and presents.
Embarrassing story: I won the Match the Celebrity to their Baby's Name game. Embarrassing not only because I knew way more than everyone else and felt like Kelly Kapoor from the Office, but also because I won a prize when I already had 20ish presents to take home.

Anyways, I'll be making a trip to CA a couple of months after birth so we all can celebrate baby girl then, but it was nice having a little YL representation at this shower from my wing-woman Kathleen. If only I could get her African American dance company to perform in safe Chicago instead of South Side where the daily news gets all of their material, I could support her and return the favor. *Tangent*
Yay for having baby stuff! Only 3 more weeks until I'll need it.











5 comments:
yay baby showers!!!! And I really wish that I could've been there to witness you as Kelly Capoor. And thanks for not betrothing your little one to anyone else...seriously.
Ugh...I so wish I could be there. This is killing me. We need to chat about when me and Ce can come out and have major girl time (or just me...)
Is that Janae Nylander? If so, I did my capstone project with her husband Clayton!
Yeah that is her! Crazy. I'll mention it.
I AM SOOOOO JEALOUS of Kath. SERIOUSLY. I wish I could be there but I can't wait to see you so soon && the baby (are we allowed to say her name yet? I am guessing NO so I wont but eeeeee!) Can you tell I am excited! Only 16 days ago (if she arrives on the 20th! haha) XOXO
Post a Comment