http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae26/annestreadbeck/black-heart-01-1.jpg

Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas Break 2011

There's an old Chinese proverb:

"Some holiday seasons you sit on your fat rear in the dark, glossy-eyed with your hood on playing Angry Birds while your baby jabs you in the ribs.

Some holiday seasons you party like a rock star, looking better than ever, while your baby jabs you in the ribs."

Brutal, I know, but that's life.

I am thankful this was a Yang year and not that pesky Yin.

This holiday season went long and strong. Like this post.

We saw lots of these:

PhotobucketPhotobucket

And these:

PhotobucketPhotobucket

We went to some of these:

PhotobucketPhotobucket

We put up some of these:

PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

And watched some of these:

Photobucket

For the first time, we sent one of these:

Photobucket

And in return, we LOVED receiving all of these:

Photobucket

And after all that, we decided to take this party to the next level- in California.

Photobucket

Flat Brady came and visited us in Chicago. This was my 3rd flat Stanley. Flat Tim came and visited me while I lived in the dorms at BYU and Flat Jason came to watch me present my thesis.

Photobucket

Yeah, he can fit in an envelope, but we thought we'd treat him to a nice plane ride back home instead.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

At first all the sunshine was weirding me out. I snorted at people who said it was cold outside. I was irked that I couldn't wear a sweater. Then I realized I was acting like a Midwesterner and punched myself in the face.

Photobucket

By the end of the trip I had highlighted my hair and was listening to Foster the People with the windows down.

Photobucket

Danny had no trouble acclimating.

Photobucket

I got home right in time to Persian Party with Kimi before her WEDDING.

Photobucket

My Goddess Oracle reading this time around:

Goddess Yemanya- Golden Opportunity – Important doors are opening for you right now. Walk through them.

I dig.

Proof it's all real- Kimi drew the cards of New Beginnings and Fertility.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Newport Beach- my temple

Photobucket
Most amazing wedding dress I've ever seen.



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Belle LOVED the reception

Photobucket

Power nap

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

Belle stole this.

Photobucket

We tried to stay at both houses. First half- Streadbeck adult zone. Second- Francis child circus.

Photobucket

Belle LOVED all the extra uncle attention.



I've never seen her laugh so hard.

Tim was so gracious to let us stay in my old room. It has transformed a bit. Wish I took a picture of the wall to wall basketball posters. I guess I couldn't resist the medicine cabinet:

Photobucket

Sorry to invade you personal space, Tim. If you need somewhere to lay low after you kill that person- my couch has your name on it!

Photobucket

Belle pretty much lived in the walker my mom bought her.



We made a pretty cool gingerbread house.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Chuck-E-Cheese trip.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket





Dad's birthday party.

Photobucket

Belle got a balloon.

Photobucket

Christmas Eve at Grandma's house!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Thanks 2nd cousin Dean!

Photobucket

Back to Streadbecks' to open pjs.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And then back to Francis'.

Photobucket

Belle was perfect. She squealed and clapped for all her presents.

Photobucket

Apparently Tim reads my blog.

Photobucket

Church at 3rd ward. Really cool to see everyone home for the holidays.

Photobucket

Skype sesh with our missionary.

Photobucket

Did you know Jon's a chef? Grandma Great joined us for Jon's amazing 4 course dinner.

Streadbeck Christmas

Photobucket

"This photo sums up this Christmas." -Danny

Photobucket

New trick: We say "No-no-no, Belle." She responds "Yeah-Yeah-Yeah."

Photobucket

After skyping with our other missionary- Kevin- we got to do Christmas morning all over again!

Photobucket

So fun to see Belle and Kaia together. They loved sharing gifts.

Photobucket

Gal pal get-together:

Photobucket

There's mystery afoot in the Big Easy- Midas King, Pierre DuPre, has been murdered, strangled with a set of Mardi Gras beads. Pierre was always suspicious of those looking to sink their claws into his fortune. Was it the greed of those around him that put old Pierre in the grave? His beloved family members, friends and neighbors have now become suspects in the Garden District murder!

Photobucket

The victim

Photobucket

The crime scene.

Photobucket

The murder weapon.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Erin did it. Brady wanted to know what we did to her....I think we gave her a prize. Oops.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

There was a time in my life where if I wasn't dancing somewhere on New Years Eve I would consider the holiday a complete failure. But I rather enjoyed my low-key New Years Eve with the Titeras this year.

Of course Belle stayed up until midnight.

Photobucket

We really should end this. Our trip was almost three weeks- I could go on forever! Go check on your child. If they are anything like mine, they have probably climbed on top of your nightstand and are jumping up and down as we speak.

I'll wrap this up by saying how grateful I am that I can go off on these adventures- away for college and now Chicago- but I always have Southern California to come home to. I'm very lucky to have such deep roots there. And I wish all you other people outside of California would just uproot your lives and go move there already! Just kidding....not really.

Anywho. May your days in 2012 be merry and bright. And may none of you Christmases be white.

3 comments:

Bri and Mike Titera said...

Come back...we didn't get nearly enough time together. (PS C watched Beauty and the Beast for the first time the other day and said: That girl's name is Belle like Annie's Belle! I love that she calls you Annie..)

Tim said...

Who said I haven't already done it and to how many people.

Tim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.