
The Streadbecks tell a story of a family lake Powell trip during Danny's baby years. The motor home pulls up to the lake, Danny swings open the door and leaving everyone in his dust, runs to the water where he sits down and says "Ouch!" because it is cold.
I thought of that story the other day while at a play group swim party, I sat Belle down on a chair while I set down our-nope-dropped everything because Belle was running without reservation to the pool 2 feet away. I caught her just as she was about to jump in and she was angry.
I know I've been saying this for 11 months now...but GIRL'S CRAZY.


Sometimes I just give up.

Sure Belle. If you want to rip off your diaper, run around, tear up the house naked. Go for it.


I'll just sit here and take pictures of you.


Oh hey yeah antagonize Twinkie while you're at it.



Never crawls anymore. She's a great walker. Does laps and laps around our kitchen island when she's bored.

This is how we eat in this house.

But hey, at least I just said "eat" there. Finally. Just this week. Belle is starting to open her mouth for food. Just a couple bites a day. But still. My nipples just let out a synchronous sigh of relief.






She's into TV. Like a lot.



Like it's almost a problem.
Words: "Mommy," "Daddy," "Gee-Gee" (Twinkie). She also still is saying "yeah-yeah-yeah" any time anyone says "no-no-no."

She has also become fluent in Khoisan.

She's really good at temper tantrums. We had to carry around this stupid duck-pillow-thing all through Macy's while I was looking at bath mats.
I just put away most of her 12 month clothes. We are on to the 18-24 monthers.


Still loves to dance.
Get it girl.



Here you can see the bjorn used as a temporary containment solution. When out, Belle stands up in her stroller, screams and tries to jump out. She prefers to walk on her own. At the grocery store she takes bites out of food and at the mall she hides in the clothing racks. This proves difficult for me and disturbing for strangers. I am seriously considering a child leash.
We don't have a backyard. Here I guess Danny was letting her wander around the club floor.




New to this month- a love for books. Sometimes she wants them read to her. Sometimes she wants to read them herself.



And that's my 11 month old. Can't wait for big girl's birthday next month.











2 comments:
yayyyy her bday is coming up. omg she is so cute! gonna have the blonde hair blue eyes danny look! XOXO
haha, I love this post! She's getting so big and is so cute. Her and Samuel are right at the same stage, and I'm sure they'd actually "play" together now ;) Except, I think now people would think she's the older one... she's so much taller than my lil guy (he's still in 12-18m).
Post a Comment