http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae26/annestreadbeck/black-heart-01-1.jpg

Friday, May 31, 2013

The Last Place

Back in November Danny came home with "exciting news." He'd been contacted by a recruiter about an open spot at one of his favorite agencies in LA.

"Hm."

Was my response. (I've learned some minor defense mechanisms for Danny's extreme optimism.)

LA was always the next step in our life plan. But I didn't think it would happen so quickly. I was happy with our Chicago life. Danny's current job was amazing. But the true reason for my lack of enthusiasm came largely because our apartment looked like this:

 photo IMG_1550_zps017aba9e.jpg

We were moving the next day.

 Job placement in advertising is as frenzied as the people filling the spots. Months of "Hey what do you think about this place? What do you think about this place? No? Yes? Ok I got you an interview." "We like you. Start next week?" BAM you're living in another state.

After 4 previous places, we finally were moving into one our growing family fit in. And not just that. We're talking unheard of closet space. Crazy views. Super convenient location. Our perfect Chicago apartment. I decided to just continue on with life as if Danny's grand proclamation had not been made. I wanted to enjoy my new place.

So we moved. And Danny decided to switch our normal marital roles and get all rational on me.

If we found some amazing job elsewhere, we would be trying to get out of our contract early. We probably shouldn't nail anything into the walls, right? Ugh. We probably didn't need to spend money on extra furniture. Blehhhhh.

Without a bar, we compromised and bought a folding table with chairs. I found a chair to match our couch. My parents gave us nightstands and ottomans for Christmas. Belle would have her own room, so she would need a bed. Danny was thinking a mattress on the ground would suffice. My foot went down.

And the walls remained bare.

 photo DSC_0459_zps403c7708.jpg

Entering the house, the guest bathroom was to your immediate right.

 photo IMG_1856_zpsf9381525.jpg

Then if you follow Belle down the hall, you'd see this...

 photo DSC_0467_zps1b3fceb9.jpg

The balcony is behind the folding table.

 photo DSC_0432_zpsd9168007.jpg

A view of Lake Michigan. (Partially frozen.)

 photo DSC_0470_zpsa9693bdf.jpg

Our older, but sufficient kitchen.

 photo DSC_0464_zpsbb05c66d.jpg

Belle's very first bedroom.



 photo DSC_0456_zpsd5fd52af.jpg

Our room

 photo DSC_0455_zps615bb865.jpg

 photo DSC_0458_zps59a47f6c.jpg

We had a second bathroom in our room


 photo IMG_1853_zps41c6af17.jpg

And that's about it.


Although these pictures are a tad underwhelming, I wanted to document our stay. These 5 months were short, but full.

No comments: