http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae26/annestreadbeck/black-heart-01-1.jpg

Saturday, June 1, 2013

March Madness

Danny chose this title. And I guess its appropriate. Our lives changed a great deal this month.

 photo 67223_10100844540101839_2046021639_n_zpsddf4af5f.jpg

We found out our 2nd child would be another girl. The ultrasound tech waited until the end of our hour and a half appointment to give us the news. But I could tell in the first 20 minutes.

 photo Ultrasound3-6_zps0618c047.jpg

 photo Ultrasound4-6_zps56c45972.jpg

 photo Ultrasound5-6_zps7f1d6189.jpg


I often don't feel worthy of so much good fortune.


 photo IMG_1795.jpg

Belle watched the movie Wreck it Ralph almost everyday this month. Here, she put a tiara on- I went to take a picture. She screamed and refused until her "Weck-It" gloves were on.

 photo IMG_2581.jpg

Cora had her 2nd birthday party. Winnie the Pooh themed.

 photo IMG_2582.jpg

(Our iPhones near the end of their lives)

 photo IMG_2583.jpg

 photo IMG_2584.jpg

 photo brazil16_zps5afce221.jpg

Danny jets off to Brazil for 2 weeks to shoot a commercial

 photo brazil15_zps24abc4e0.jpg
 photo brazil14_zps7308c0b3.jpg
 photo brazil13_zps5729e06d.jpg
 photo brazil12_zps758aa41d.jpg

 photo brazil11_zps48507ad1.jpg

 photo brazil10_zpsb21a2d09.jpg

 photo brazil9_zpsbcf127b0.jpg
 photo brazil8_zps1b28e92f.jpg
 photo brazil7_zps7fae3feb.jpg
 photo brazil6_zps45079423.jpg

 photo brazil4_zpsc5f5ea31.jpg

 photo brazil3_zps297e3f2a.jpg

 photo brazil2_zps6b98502c.jpg

 photo brazil1_zpsae17de00.jpg

Normally, I go with him. But this time I stayed. Danny had just accepted an offer at an agency in LA. We would be moving shortly after he got back. There were a lot of raitonal reasons Belle and I stayed behind. Expense, a long flight, pregnancy, Twinkie, a birthday party in the works. But I think I really stayed for the closure.

 photo IMG_1805_zps415f124c.jpg

Cora invited Belle over for her first sleep-over.

 photo IMG_1809_zps60f99d15.jpg

McKay was on production in LA. Lo took good care of us.

 photo IMG_1812_zps12e708b9.jpg

 photo IMG_1815_zps61805a1b.jpg

 photo IMG_1816_zps15ad372e.jpg

 photo IMG_1817_zps3b59ca45.jpg

 photo IMG_1818_zps688eb4d1.jpg

We tried to spend as much time with friends as possible

 photo IMG_1822_zps43929f77.jpg

Went on a lot of adventures

 photo IMG_1804_zps0a18bf21.jpg

And watched a lot of movies

 photo IMG_1798_zpsb79eee0c.jpg

When Danny got back, he helped us do some last minute birthday party shopping at Michael's.

 photo IMG_1799_zps681e499b.jpg

Belle thought these hats would be useful.

 photo IMG_1800_zpscbef1c61.jpg

We tried to go to all our favorite spots.

 photo IMG_1802_zps5606ee43.jpg

 photo IMG_1838_zpscca0d1ac.jpg

And some places we've always wanted to try.

 photo IMG_1839_zpsa2c98a6b.jpg

Frontera Grill

 photo IMG_1840_zpsec0df0e3.jpg

 photo IMG_1842_zps3d13cf79.jpg

 photo IMG_1844_zpscc8803a5.jpg

 photo IMG_1845_zps816d800d.jpg

 photo IMG_1849_zps6bebcbdc.jpg

On our last night, we wandered around the city and just ended up where we ended up. This was one of such locations.

 photo IMG_1862_zpsdd11a590.jpg

And then, just like that, our time in Chicago was over.

I only really started getting good at this blog thing when we moved out there. It was 3 years ago. All I had was a trailer full of stuff and a lot of faith in my husband. We didn't have a job, just a chance at one. 3 years later, we return having made wonderful friends, 2 kids and an amazing career.

I feel older, wiser.

And unworthy of so much good fortune.


No comments: