He is currently serving in Pocatello, Idaho, Spanish speaking. Rick was our first to leave, back in August 2010- meaning- he'll be back in just 2 months. We can't wait- For him to be a greater presence in our life. And for him to meet his first niece for the first time. And to badinage in weird, slow Idaho accents.
Next to leave was Kevin
Kevin is a brother-in-law and of course he still counts. In true Streadbeck form, he is serving in a third world country- Argentina. He left March 2011, before Belle was born. Can't believe he's already on his second year.
And then there was Jon
He just left this May for Cleveland, Ohio. And he only decided to tell me 10 days before he left! (That sounds pretty outrageous, but at least I was told at all.) There was no farewell, he went to work (not telling his co-workers he was leaving) up until the day he went into the MTC, flying there that morning. He begrudgingly agreed that my parents could tell people about it after he was gone....totally Jon thing to do. "I'm going on a mission everyone, and you can just shut up about it." But I get it, because as one of my friends said- "Sounds like something Anne would do." We love his letters. They make us laugh every time. He is happy. And we are happy.
And the latest to leave, Randypants
Randy just went into the MTC yesterday! He will be serving in St. Louis, Missouri. Belle loves her uncle Randy. I'm sad he's gone, but excited for future holiday Skype sessions.
I think its Mormon ideology that when missionaries are out in the field, their families back home are blessed. Maybe that's why our life is so cloyingly sweet right now? Well, I guess I better get comfortable, if my brothers don't fail me, this reciprocal cushfest could last 13 more years!











No comments:
Post a Comment